January 21st, 2008 Categories: Crofton Restaurants
Crofton is home to many restaurants and we patronize them several times a week – from Ledo Pizza at Eddie’s Place to Damon’s, and then beyond Crofton to nearby restaurants in Bowie and Annapolis. The food and service meet or exceed our expectations most of the time.
Tonight, however, Larry and I did enjoy a rare “perfect” dining out experience -from the parking to the people who worked there to the food.
1) Convenient Free Parking – We had our choice of several nearby parking spots.
2) Friendly Greeting – Five smiling faces greeted us as we entered the restaurant. They actually looked like they were having a lot of fun, and they made us feel welcome.
3) Prompt Seating – Immediate is even better, and that’s what we had. When my husband asked if the table was located in a place that would allow him to keep an eye on the Chargers-Patriots game, the hostess changed our seating assignment to accommodate that and offered to stop back periodically to let him know if there were any changes in the score.
4) Prompt Friendly Service by a Well-Groomed Waiter/Waitress – Renee waited on us immediately after we were seated and she served us with a genuine smile and pleasant attitude; she didn’t rush us, and she kept the drink refills coming without prompting; she also served the meal promptly when it was ready, so the food was hot. And, I might add, she did not constantly interrupt our conversation to ask if everything was okay – Don’t you hate it when servers do that?
5) Menu – I’ll be honest… we don’t even look at the menu any more when we go to this restaurant because we both know what we’re going to order:
We will start out with Wild West Shrimp (a generous portion of batter-fried popcorn shrimp tossed with sliced cherry peppers, garlic butter and Prairie Dust™ and served with ranch dipping sauce.)
Larry will order the Cowboy Pork Chops (two 8 oz. center-cut, bone-in pork chops grilled and seasoned with Prairie Dust™ and served with seasoned French fries and your choice of one side dish) with salad, and please substitute vegetables for the cooked apples.
I’ll have The Renegade (hearty, USDA Choice top sirloin, seasoned with Prairie Dust™.) cooked medium rare, with mashed potatoes and a salad.
6) Quality of the Meal – Our dinner arrived quickly, hot, exactly as ordered, and perfectly prepared. Wow! Great food in addition to good service!
7) The Check – It’s pretty annoying when you have to wait longer for the check than your dinner – that did not happen tonight. Renee was nearby, when we were ready for the check, and she had it ready for us. Not only that, it was accurate.
What else could anyone ask for or expect in a restaurant? I’m usually pretty conservative when it comes to rating anything, but I don’t see how this could be anything lower than a solid “10”.
I guess there IS such a thing as a PERFECT dining-out experience, because we enjoyed one tonight at LongHorn Steakhouse in Bowie New Town Center, just ten minutes from Crofton.
RELATED LINK: Crofton Restaurants and Carry-Outs
SUBSCRIBE NOW to receive timely notices about new posts to Focus On Crofton.